When you partner with NMS, you gain our commitment to support your tribal goals and aspirations. We currently provide food and facilities management services and security to tribal entities in Alaska and the contiguous U.S.
As Alaska Native people we honor heritage. Our traditional Inupiaq values inform and merge with modern management strategies, which we strive to integrate with your own tribal nation story.
Food Services – Tundra to Table
From “tundra to table™” we develop creative, carefully researched recipes and programs that maximize value without sacrificing quality or flavor. Our Alaska Native roots and values support our commitment to providing traditional and indigenous foods to our tribal clients. Every day, we see how traditional foods play an integral role not only in keeping indigenous people healthy, but in celebrating and promoting culture, heritage and traditional ways of life.
Through our food sourcing programs and understanding of the need for food sovereignty, NMS is committed to serving culturally-appropriate food produced through ecologically sound and sustainable methods. We believe in the right of indigenous people to define their own food and agricultural systems.
– Healthcare in hospitals and other medical facilities.
– Education including colleges, universities and K-12 settings.
– Elder care including independent living and long-term care facilities.
NMS optimizes systems and processes for our clients’ new or existing facilities, and we’ll work as a full-service partner with your tribal nation organization to provide the best possible facilities management solutions.
Our well-trained and talented facilities staff provides janitorial and housekeeping services, grounds maintenance, project management, preventative maintenance and lodging support services.
From the routine cleaning of school classrooms to the sophisticated operations of managing complex heating and cooling systems, NMS delivers customized support services to meet the unique requirements of our tribal clients 365 days a year. We understand that success in facilities management and environmental services demands superior customer service at every level and with every human interaction. We are committed to providing quality services that exceed your expectations every day.
We offer clients a full spectrum of security services and adapt our programs to their unique circumstances, whether they need a layered, full-scope security package or a single, specific solution. We employ former federal, state and local law enforcement professionals, military special operations personnel and others with specialized skill sets and advanced security experience. We train and mentor talented individuals from the NANA region to join our team, and we are ready to work with your tribal organization to do the same.
Our security teams work together with some of the world’s largest and most technologically advanced organizations and provide the highest-quality services, including armed and unarmed guards, public reception, wildlife control and virtual guard services – state-of-the art video surveillance with 24/7 monitoring, offsite archiving and real-time response.
When you partner with NMS, whether for food services, facilities management or security, we are unwavering in our dedication to
- Your goals: We are committed to tribal hire and strive to reach 100% tribal hire at each of our tribal worksites, and we provide training and mentoring to support advancement of tribal members to positions of increased responsibility.
- Your Elders: We understand the importance of respect for our Elders and the role they play in our communities, and will provide the same level of devotion, compassion and care for the Elders of your tribe that we show our own.
- Your heritage: We believe in the power of our ancestral heritage and will support the needs of your tribal members through our services in your schools, in your medical centers and clinics and throughout your business ventures
Treating all individuals with respect is an NMS core value—one that we foster by listening, sharing concern for others and seeking to understand the lived experiences of those we serve.
We take pride in our ethical business practices, built on five core values that drive each and every business decision we make.
– Safety guides our behavior
– Honesty and integrity govern our activities
– Commitments made will be fulfilled
– All individuals will be treated with dignity and respect
– The environment will be protected and sustained